Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Easy Chicken for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, salads. . .(and how we make refried beans from a can taste good!)

1 pound chicken breast meat (or whatever chicken meat you have that is boneless/skinless) in a crock pot with 16 oz. of salsa.  Cook on low for about 8 hours.  Shred the meat and return to the juices.  Cook on low for another hour (if you have an hour, if not, just put it all back together and serve immediately).

Our favorite is a flour tortilla topped with double refried beans (dump a can of refried beans into a skillet with 1-2 tsp. olive oil and season well with garlic salt - cook, stirring frequently until heated through), some mozzarella cheese, the chicken, and a splash of enchilada sauce all wrapped up and then topped with enchilada sauce and shredded cheese, baked till bubbly and melty.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, its Frosty from my love hate with packing lunches
    You left me a great breakfast idea the other day and I made it and love it! I haven't perfected the dough but I will be working on it. I also like to dip mine in salsa :) Anyway, I am going to write a post about them and I will be linking readers here since it was your idea. I hope that is ok? I want to give credit where it is due. Thanks again for your comment and idea!!!

    ReplyDelete